Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sleeping on a Pool Mattress Rocks: Colchester, England

After nearly 24 hours of travel, I finally made it to my first destination on my spring break European excursion: Colchester, England.

A 6:45 a.m. cab ride to the gas station at Park and 5th in Tucson, a 7:00 a.m. shuttle to the Phoenix airport, a four hour flight to Philadelphia, a six hour flight to London, a quick trip on a city connect train from Gatwick Airport to the underground, two switches on the tube to the London train station, then an hour ride on a fast train got me to Colchester around 1:00 p.m. the next day. Sweet...not tired at all. Luckily, as suggested in my previous entry, my friend Alicia and I rocked inflatable pool mats as our beds at our friend Sarah's dorm. Let me tell ya, they rock after jet lag. And after a few pints.

There's more to report from my trip to the UK when I'm back in action in Arizona. Until then, enjoy this video from the University of Essex campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment